Sometimes you just *need a minute,* right? Jessa and Laura definitely do, and they’re talking about alllll the shows that bring them a quick dose of good feels: shows to put on in the background (look at you, The Office and Park & Rec), who’s Team Friends and who’s Team Seinfeld, which reality TV shows and documentaries are worth your time (have you seen The Jinx!?), and—most importantly—why Schitt’s Creek may be the greatest comfort watch of all time (“EW, DAVID!”).
Thanks to our episode sponsors!
CARE/OF: Get 50% off your first order with code simplified50 at https://takecareof.com
TAWKIFY | Get 20% off when you become a client at https://tawkify.com/simplified
SLEEP MEDITATION FOR WOMEN PODCAST | Feel less stressed and more calm as you ease into a night of better sleep. Find “Sleep Meditation for Women” in your favorite podcast app, or visit https://womensmeditationnetwork.com
Jessa + Laura’s Comfort Watch TV Picks
- #1 Favorite: Schitt’s Creek
- Favorite “Put It on in the Background” Watches: Seinfeld, Friends, The Office,
- Favorite Action/Procedurals: NCIS, Criminal Minds, Jack Ryan
- Favorite Dramas: Yellowstone, Bridgerton, The Crown, The Sopranos, The Offer
- Favorite Comedies: The Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Grace & Frankie
- Favorite Nostalgia: 90210
- Feel-Good Food Shows: The Great British Baking Show, Chef’s Table, Is It Cake?, Nailed It!
- Random Faves: Guy’s Grocery Games, National Treasure series
- Reality TV: Selling Sunset, Hell’s Kitchen
- Documentaries: The Staircase, The Jinx, The Last Dance, Planet Earth, The Vow, LuLaRich, Fear City, Full Swing
- Surprisingly Good Kids Shows: Bluey, Clifford the Big Red Dog, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, The Baby-Sitter’s Club
A Blessing for Your Week
After a very long day
When so much is asked of you,
I hope you get to let out the breath
you didn’t know you were holding.
I hope you find a cozy nook,
and your favorite snack,
and a fuzzy blanket to dampen the sharp edges of the day,
while you spend some time nestled into a brand-new world.
One with stories different than yours,
with people who may not look like you
but remind you that what we’re all facing the same things:
That sometimes life is challenging
But deep at heart, people are still good
And we’re here to help each other all along the way.
Also, I hope whatever show you watch is just really great
and that you really enjoy the heck out of the Peanut Butter M&M’s.
Simplicity Tip of the Week
Do you love The Great British Baking Show? Do you get sad when you run out of new episodes on Netflix? Well then—did you know that there are a bunch of spinoffs that are just as good as the original? I know it doesn’t seem possible—but it’s true!
With the magic of a VPN, you can watch The Great Canadian Baking Show on the CBC, and even The Great Australian Bake Off if you just google it and find episodes on a random site called Daily Motion (although be prepared to watch random internet ads on the Australian version). The judges on each of these shows are delightful. And spoiler alert: Dan Levy of Schitt’s Creek fame hosted the first couple seasons of the Canadian baking show, and he’s just as wonderful as you think he is. These shows should help you get through your Great British Baking Show drought. You’re welcome.
Get Emily’s New Book!
Subscribe to The Simplified Podcast!
Listen to the Podcast Ad Free + Get Early Access to New Episodes!
Let’s Be Friends!