SIMPLICITY : Kelly Zugay
February 10, 2015
My name is Kelly! I am Co-Founder and Brand Stylist at With Grace & Gold, a design and branding boutique. I live in the Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul Area with my husband – and college sweetheart – Ben. My business launched in October 2014, so I am still acclimating to life as a new business owner! It involves a lot of coffee – but it is also my greatest pride and joy so far!
How do you take care of yourself so that you’re physically and mentally prepared to be your best self for others?
I believe in finding balance! It can be tough to do, but I do my best through exercising every morning, eating a balanced diet (and recently became gluten-free and dairy-free), and getting enough sleep, too! I am also learning to prioritize, so I can give extra attention to family, friendship, and the service of others.
In your house, how do the mundane parts of life get done?
My husband and I do our best to share every responsibility. We both have our preferred chores; I love organizing, and he loves cleaning. We also set aside time to do the bigger projects together. My husband is a big goofball – so he is great at making everything fun… even laundry!
What is one tradition or routine that’s really important to you? And why?
One tradition that I love is our tradition of making everything a celebration. Whether we’re celebrating a great day or a big promotion, we always make a point to celebrate by slow dancing in our living room. It fills my heart right up! In addition to our celebration tradition, we try to go on a coffee date every Saturday morning. We use the coffee date to catch up; we talk about everything – how work is going, what we saw in the news, how we’re growing in our faith. That tradition is meaningful to me, because, in a world that is busy and fast-paced, it helps us to slow down and feel connected.
Your PICK SIX: What 6 products can you absolutely not live without?
1. Acure Organics Facial Scrub: I have always had tricky skin – but this facial scrub has been magic for my skin! It will leave your skin feeling super soft and clean – with a little glow, too!
2. Canon Rebel T3i: My husband gifted me with this camera, and I have been hooked ever since! I’m enrolled in a photography class, and am enjoying pursuing a hobby that is helping me to slow down and appreciate the beauty in everything. This camera is a great investment and has a ton of great features!
3. “Brave” by Moriah Peters: This album is perfection! Not only does Moriah Peters have a beautiful voice, but every word of every song is filled with so much meaning. Her songs speak to my heart!
4. Caribou Coffee: Caribou Coffee is the unofficial With Grace & Gold “office.” Not only is their coffee super delicious – but their customer service is the best! When my husband and I moved to our new city, their kindness helped me to feel right at home.
5. My Nook: All of my books are on my Nook. It is a great little gadget, and I can’t travel without it!
6. Asana.com: This website is designed for project management. I use it for my personal Editorial Calendar at KellyZugay.com – as well as the With Grace & Gold Editorial Calendar and Client Projects. It is a perfect way to stay organized and on schedule!
Anything else you think our readers would love to know? Any additional tips or systems that help you keep it all together?
Have faith in yourself, be kind to yourself, and be true to yourself. You have the power to design the life you’ve always imagined… Strive for progress, not perfection – and embrace your unique journey. God has an amazing plan and purpose just for you!
Follow along with Kelly:
The Simplicity Series features busy gals, in different stages of life, making what matters happen and tips and tricks they’ve found to be helpful. Simplicity is about building margin into your life and spending time on and with that which fuels your heart. While we love to share products and services that help us day to day, but simplicity is about HEART and intentionally choosing the thing that matters most (your TREASURE) more than anything money can buy. We wear many hats and we know you do too, so we’d love to hear your thoughts as well! For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34