Hi friends, I want you to know that here at Simplified, we are committed to supporting and lifting up our Black sisters. We have been listening and learning and are committed to growing and serving all of you better as a brand. I wanted to share just a few of the tactical ways we are making positive change at Simplified:
- In honor of our customers and friends, we have made a $5,000 contribution to the NAACP Legal Defense and Education fund.
- We've created these beautiful adult and child shirts.100% of proceeds automatically goes to the NAACP Legal Defense and Education fund.
- We are committed to learning from our Black sisters and brothers, including more Black women in our images and campaigns, and finding new ways to represent our diverse sisterhood in our marketing and products.
- We have added 13 additional holidays to our Simplified and Dapperdesk planners to better represent the holidays each of you celebrates, personally, or honors with your family and friends. Click here for a full list. These will first be in our 2021-22 planners.
- We've confirmed these dates will also be added to our At-A-Glance collaboration planners beginning with the 2022 editions (earlier editions are already produced).
- We're having conversations within our team, in our homes, and with our children–– to grow as anti-racists.
- We are committed to working with, partnering, and hiring more women of color.
We're honoring our Black brothers and sisters today, on Juneteenth, by sharing this free printable outlining 2020-21 dates for the 13 additional holidays (since those editions do not have them noted) and detailing the definition of each holiday featured in our planners. We found it really interesting and educational to learn more about these special days, and hope you do too. All definitions were sourced from Wikipedia.com.
We love you. We're with you. And we're grateful you're here as we learn and grow.