May 27, 2016
photo via pizzazzerie
Happy Friday! We're loving these ten things this week and think that you will too! :)
1) Pizzazzerie's Mini BBQ Chicken Tacos: Pizzazzerie is one of our very favorite blogs, especially when it comes time to gather up creative party ideas. This BBQ chicken taco recipe is a great twist on classic BBQ for all of your memorial day parties this weekend!
2) Our Absolute Favorite Jeans: Banana Republics denim leggings are are FAVE, and they're 40% off this weekend (code: BRTAKE40)!
3) B.P. Square Stud Earrings: Two pairs of earrings for under $10, plus free shipping! You can't beat that. These are the perfect size and go with any outfit. We love them!
4) Walk in Love's "Every Hour I Need Thee" Tee: We love our friends over at Walk in Love. This new tee is one of our favorites.
5) McKenzie's Summer Reading List: Our Community Development Director, Mckenzie, blogged about her summer must-reads this week. Hop on over to see what books made her list!
6) May Designs + EL: Did you hear the big news? Our new Simplified Planner cover designs are now available for purchase on your favorite May Books. They've even given us a special discount code for our readers. Save 25% on your order with code EL-2016 (until 6/7). Hooray!
7) Free June Wallpaper: Hurry and download our free June wallpaper just in time for the new month! The calendar lock screen is also available here.
8) Bamboozled Bamboo Bangle from Lilly: We love this classic gold bangle to dress up any outfit. Classic and simple, but big enough to make a statement with any outfit. P.S. Lilly is also giving free gifts with any purchase this weekend!
9) Pomona Peplum Tank: This adorable tank is an additional 30% off this weekend! It's lightweight and perfect for summer.
10) Our May Playlist: May has been a BIG month for us here in the EL office. We've been listening to these celebratory songs all month long.
May 25, 2016
TED talks are one of our favorite ways to learn and grow our minds when we're on the go. They're so easy to listen to while we're impatiently waiting in traffic, sitting in the car line at school, or putting away that second and third load of laundry on Sunday afternoons. Sometimes it's hard to find time to sit down a read a book, but we believe it's so important to keep our minds active and to learn from others who are traveling along this journey of life with us. So today, we've gathered up three of our favorite, inspiring TED talks that we think are worth listening to. These three talks are by incredibly intelligent speakers, are easy to listen to, and won't take up more than twenty minutes of your day. They are definitely worth the listen!
1) Love Letters to Strangers by Hannah Brencher: We love Hannah Brencher (find her on our Simplicity Series here), and the movement she has started to bring hope to strangers who need it is absolutely incredible. Because she believes in the power of a written letter (a tradition that her mama instilled in her!), she started a global initiative to exchange love letters with strangers all over the world. Countless lives have been changed because of Hannah's simple choice to decide to start something bigger than herself and run with it. We think that's awesome!
2) A Life of Purpose by Rick Warren: Rick Warren is the author of the The Purpose Driven Life, which has sold over 30 million copies all over the world. In this talk, he discussing the importance of finding your purpose and using your influence to do good. We believe this is a message that everyone needs to hear!
3) The Power of Vulnerability by Brené Brown: Brené is a research professor in Houston, TX and has been studying the topics of vulnerability and authenticity for over ten years. Her thoughts on embracing our imperfections and embracing life from a place of worthiness and authenticity and fascinating and so inspiring.
May 24, 2016
EL x May Designs is back! We love our friends over at May Designs, and as of today, May Books are now available in our brand new Simplified Planner covers for 2016-17. These notebooks are customizable (you can add your monogram + choose your inside pages!), and they fit right inside the interior pocket of our daily Simplified Planners. You can purchase them in our new Happy Stripe, Fancy Floral, and Gold Pineapple patterns. Hop on over and take a look!
One of our very favorite inside page options for our May Books is the meal planner. We're constantly getting asked how to best plan meals for your family, and May Designs makes it so easy with this. You can plan your meals for the week on one side (there's a section for each day), and on the other side, you can write your master grocery list for the entire week! We love being able to slide our grocery lists right into the pocket of our Simplified Planner and carrying it around with us while we're on the go. On Sundays, we write all the meals down in our planner for the week to keep us on track when we're glancing at our schedule. So helpful! They also have great options for a gratitude journal, wedding diary, coloring books, and so many more.
We're so excited to partner with May Designs again this year, and they've even offered to give our readers a coupon code on the new collection! Now through June 7th, use the code EL-2016 to receive 25% off your order. Hooray!