Let go of "perfect" and say hello to "Halfway Homemade" – the mantra that's going to change your life in the kitchen! Jessa and Laura share the easiest 30-minute meals to make on a busy weeknight (that their kids actually eat!), plus the freezer and pantry must-haves that cut their cooking time in half, and why most kitchen fails can be fixed with a sauce. Because sauce. ✨
Thanks to our episode sponsors! (+ codes to help you save)
GREEN CHEF | Get 60% off (plus free shipping!) with code simplified60 at https://greenchef.com/simplified60
BETTERHELP | Save 10% off your first month at https://betterhelp.com/simplified
BOLL + BRANCH | Get 15% off your first set of sheets with promo code SIMPLIFIED at https://bollandbranch.com/
FASTGROWINGTREES.COM | Get 15% off your entire order at fifteen percent off at https://fastgrowingtrees.com/simplified
Jessa’s Must-Have Staples That Cut Cooking Time in Half
- Sauces (always spaghetti sauce)
- Bases (Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom, etc.)
- Broths (Chicken broth, beef broth, etc)
- Quick-Cooking Rice Packets
- Noodles (because kids)
- Huge pack of chicken breasts
- 2 lbs. Ground beef
- Shredded cheese
- Greek yogurt (for sauces)
3 Easy Greek Yogurt Sauces to Up Your Weeknight Game
- All-Purpose Zingy flavor: Greek yogurt + Sriracha + lemon juice + salt and pepper.
- Latin-ish flavor: Greek yogurt + cilantro + lime juice + avocado + Tajin
- Herby ranch-ish flavor: Greek yogurt + half a ranch seasoning packet + dill + pepper
A Blessing for Your Week
On the busy Tuesdays,
When your attention is sliced and diced
As much as the onions on your cutting board,
May you be blessed to remember that
Love does not equal Julia Child’s beef bourguignon
Or Ina Garten’s good vanilla.
Love is scooping piping hot Hamburger Helper into bowls for hungry eaters,
With Betty Crocker waiting in the wings with dessert.
It sounds like “Jello”
followed by “Instant chocolate pudding”
when someone has a bad day.
Love is not measured by the effort in the kitchen
But by the hands that have served and given their time to someone else.
Simplicity Tip of the Week
More garlic is usually better, but peeling it is a pain.
So do yourself a favor, and buy the bag of pre-peeled garlic. You’re welcome.
Get Emily’s New Book!
Resources, Links, Mentions from This Episode
- [influencer] Alex Snodgrass, The Defined Dish
- [influencer] Diane Morissey
- [recipe] Mob’s Sticky Harissa Chicken
Subscribe to The Simplified Podcast!
Listen to the Podcast Ad Free + Get Early Access to New Episodes!
Let’s Be Friends!