Fall is back—and so is football! 🏈🍿 Whether you're a die-hard fan or just here for the food, get ready to tackle Game Day like a champ!
If you're a football newbie, Emily and Laura break down the basics of the game so you can follow the fun. But Game Day's not just about football; it's also about the food! From mouthwatering dips to savory sandwiches, tailgating traditions, chili debates, and delectable desserts, Emily and Laura will help you make your Game Day spread super delicious (and simple!).
PS: Get ready for Simplified’s Fall Collection Launch! https://www.emilyley.com/
Thanks to our episode sponsors!
VEGAMOUR | Get 20% off your first order with code SIMPLIFIED at http://vegamour.com/simplified
HUNGRYROOT | Get 30% off your first delivery, and get FREE veggies for life! http://hungryroot.com/simplified
Emily’s Favorite Game Day Snacks
Dry-rub wings (go pick some up at your favorite wing place or the deli section of the grocery store!)
Carrots + celery
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- Your favorite sandwich meat (could be ham, turkey, pulled pork, whatever!)
- Your favorite cheese for sandwiches
- Melted butter
- Garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika (to taste)
- **Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half, and place in an oven-safe casserole dish. Put meat and cheese on the rolls, along with any toppings you’d like. Put the top of the Hawaiian rolls on, brush the tops with butter and spices (just measure with your heart). Bake for 20 minutes, and enjoy!
LK’s Favorite Game Day Snacks!
Chips + a giant veggie platter + Aunt Michelle’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 bottle Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded cheese (your choice!)
- 1 cup Ranch dressing (or half a small bottle)
- Shredded chicken breasts, cooked (as many as you’d like!)
- **Mix all ingredients in a Crockpot. Cook on low for 2 hours, then switch to Warm setting (you can have it on Warm all day long).
A Blessing for Your Week
As the days begin to grow crisp and cool, I hope your weekends are filled with all the fun that fall has to offer.
I hope you enjoy all kinds of gatherings with your people: all of the harvest festivals, all the trick-or-treating, all the lazy Sundays watching games or connecting over a big Sunday dinner with your family.
I hope it’s a full season for you—not in the “full schedule” sense, but in a “full heart” sort of way.
Simplicity Tip of the Week
If football season isn’t a joyful season for you, and you feel like it’s another season of your person being obsessed with something you just don’t get, trust me—I get it.
But I wonder: maybe you could redeem it with something that makes you enjoy that time the way you’d like to enjoy it. Can you stock the pantry with your favorite snacks and bring them out for Game Days? Could you use that time to wrap holiday gifts, or call your mom, or even look up a Football Bingo Sheet and play a game within the game? Can you say, “See you, hon, I’m going out with my friends!” Make Game Day fun for you—no matter what that means. :)
Pre-Order Emily’s New Book!
Subscribe to The Simplified Podcast!
Listen to the Podcast Ad Free + Get Early Access to New Episodes!
Let’s Be Friends!