December 07, 2020
Hi, friends! It may be challenging to carry out some of our favorite holiday traditions this year, so we thought it would be the perfect time to start a new one! Team Simplified put together a few simple ideas to participate in at home (or just a short drive and social distance away). These special moments are what make the holidays so wonderful, but don't overwhelm yourself. Pick a few of your favorite ideas without committing to the whole list.
The people close to you may need some encouragement for Christmas spirit this year – be the friend they need. If you have little ones, they will trust and follow your lead. Enjoy the season celebrating what matters most.
Ten Ideas for Simple Traditions:
- Make your favorite holiday breakfast for dinner.
- Let your little ones pick a small gift for their siblings (or someone special) and wrap it themselves – you may get a laugh out of this one!
- Drive to see Christmas lights – wear jammies and drink hot chocolate for bonus fun!
- Read holiday stories each evening – gift your favorite books for your friends to read too!
- Decorate cookies – store bought does not make the tradition any less special!
- Watch holiday movies – introduce your kids to the classics from childhood or simply relive those magical memories.
- Make a gingerbread house – Emily’s family hosts a competition with teams!
- Listen to Christmas music in the car.
- Prepare reindeer food for Christmas Eve – rolled oats and glitter!
- Donate to someone (or a family) in need – toys, food, or even a helping hand!