Hi, friends! It may be challenging to carry out some of our favorite holiday traditions this year, so we thought it would be the perfect time to start a new one! Team Simplified put together a few simple ideas to participate in at home (or just a short drive and social distance away). These special moments are what make the holidays so wonderful, but don't overwhelm yourself. Pick a few of your favorite ideas without committing to the whole list.
The people close to you may need some encouragement for Christmas spirit this year – be the friend they need. If you have little ones, they will trust and follow your lead. Enjoy the season celebrating what matters most.
Ten Ideas for Simple Traditions:
- Make your favorite holiday breakfast for dinner.
- Let your little ones pick a small gift for their siblings (or someone special) and wrap it themselves – you may get a laugh out of this one!
- Drive to see Christmas lights – wear jammies and drink hot chocolate for bonus fun!
- Read holiday stories each evening – gift your favorite books for your friends to read too!
- Decorate cookies – store bought does not make the tradition any less special!
- Watch holiday movies – introduce your kids to the classics from childhood or simply relive those magical memories.
- Make a gingerbread house – Emily’s family hosts a competition with teams!
- Listen to Christmas music in the car.
- Prepare reindeer food for Christmas Eve – rolled oats and glitter!
- Donate to someone (or a family) in need – toys, food, or even a helping hand!