Hi friends! As you may know, I took January off of social media. It was life giving. I won't say it was "life changing" because I'm not quitting Instagram or anything, but it was really awesome to have some quiet time away from "the world" if you will. I basically hibernated and sat by my fireplace with a giant cup of coffee (in my FAVORITE MUG EVER - got it from Bryan for Christmas and YES it's worth it!) and wrote my heart out for days on end.
I wrote a ton (tens of thousands of words to be exact!) and read a ton. I miss BOTH of these things so very much. It was a really beautiful time. I thought I'd share a few favorite recent reads (some from late last year that bled into this year, some on my list, and some that aren't out yet that I've got my eye on).
- Watching You by Lisa Jewell - I love LJ. Mystery and intrigue abound.
- I Found You by Lisa Jewell - A long, great book.
- Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty - Not finished yet, but enjoying it. Huge fan of LM.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan - Having a hard time getting into it, but I hear its awesome.
- The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay / advanced copy - A beautiful novel. Loving this one.
- An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen - Couldn't get enough.
- Still Lives by Maria Hummel - Liked this mystery. Great on Audible.
- The Other Woman by Sandie Jones - Figured it out before the end but still couldn't get enough.
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng - So so very good. A treasure of a book.
Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner - Read for a second time. Adore this book.
- Stretched Too Thin by Jessica Turner - Absolutely loved it.
- The Soul of Discipline by Kim John Payne - Just because Simplicity Parenting rocked my world. Equally great.
- Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne and Lisa M. Ross - I pull this out at least twice a year. Life changing.
- Girls Club by Sally Clarkson - A beautiful book written by Sally + her daughters on friendship.
- The Unexpected Power of Home by Nancie Carmichael - Haven't read. Cannot wait to.
- The Home Edit by Clea Shearer & Joanna Teplin - The tactics of organizing fascinate me!
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron - Enneagram type 2 (wing 3) here! Great content.
- The Year of Less by Cait Flanders - Loved this book and the way it made me look at my own contentment.