Hi, friends! This day, Small Business Saturday, is near and dear to our hearts. Emily Ley founded our small company as a tired mama looking for simple organization, flexibility, and encouragement to and from women in the same season of overwhelm. It's amazing to think she shipped the first Simplified Planners out of her guest bedroom with the help of her husband, Bryan, oldest son, Brady, and great friends paid with cheese and crackers. Emily's amazing determination to help was (and always will be) at the very center of our brand.
Our Simplified Planners have now evolved, and our production and shipping processes have grown alongside them. Today, we have a hard-working, remote team of nine women, a warehouse we get to call our own, and the best Simplified community we could dream of. We consider ourselves lucky to inspire and empower women with the tools they need to simplify their lives. What a wonderful 13 years it's been!
Small businesses have a beating heart at their core, and we are so proud to share and support others, as we truly know what a difference each and every loyal customer makes. Here's a short list for you to shop this season!
Supporting Small Businesses:
- The Tiny Tassel – We love (and want) everything from this adorable small shop. P.S. One of our models wore this darling skirt in our latest photoshoot for 2022 Simplified products.
- Waiting on Martha Home – Again, we love all-the-things at this shop, but especially their Build-Your-Own Charcuterie Board. It tells you what items to use and where to put them – the ultimate gift for a foodie!
- Lindsay Letters – We love supporting our friend, Lindsay's, stunning, meaningful work!
- The Garden Handbook – Team Simplified's very own, Whitney Hawkins, designed this comprehensive resource for beginner gardeners. What a fun, fruitful gift for someone.
- Susan Gordon Pottery – Susan is so kind. Emily has several of her beautiful pieces. These charms would make a great, very personal gift!
- Barn Street Designs – Customized gifts. The tumbler mugs and cutting boards are our favorites.
- The Foggy Dog – We can't forget about gifts for the pups!
- Polished Prints – Created by women, for women (and kids).
- Must Be Monogrammed – the cutest shop owned by a military spouse!
- Simply Ellie Boutique – a woman in our Simplified Sisterhood runs this beautiful shop out of her home.
- BritWithStitches – Hand crafted embroidery
- The Type Set Co. – Where are our word nerds? Magnetic Boards and fun-colored letters would make the perfect gift.
- Andar – Leather gifts for men, and such great quality too!
- Nerdy Nuts – fresh, uniquely flavored nut butters. So yummy!
- Ruthie's Market – Mom & daughter duo creating the cutest handmade home decor and apparel.
- Elisabeth Ashlie – Pretty jewelry pieces by Lauren Bown.
- Rose Paper Press – Check out their gift card holders for teachers, coaches, and babysitters!
- Hello, Dear! – Beautifully handmade jewelry
- Let's Play With Dough – Activity kits and sensory bins for kids!
- House of Hooray – Joyful, positive home decor
We are so grateful for your love, support, and friendship over the years, and so excited for what’s ahead!